ZIM vs BAN Test Dream11 Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | ZIM vs BAN 1st Test Dream11 Prediction Today | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh Test Key Players | Harare Pitch Report
One of international cricket’s regular rivalries resumes in the closed doors of the Harare Sports Club, as Zimbabwe look for Test success against Bangladesh.
On paper, the Bangladeshis look favourites. However, it doesn’t seem as simple as that once you take a deeper look. The Zimbabweans have won two of three Tests at home against Bangladesh since their readmission to the game’s longest format in 2011, with the last meeting between the sides on Zimbabwean soil ending in a 1-all stalemate in 2013. However, Zimbabwe have been dealt a big blow as Craig Ervine and Sean Williams are both out of this Test as they came in close contact with a confirmed COVID case.
Things are still somewhat similar since 2013, with the home side’s administration continuing to struggle with the financial and political burdens, further amplified by the COVID-19 pandemic. For Bangladesh, inconsistencies remain, but they will be hoping that the presence of Shakib Al Hasan, perhaps fortunately from a discipline point of view, provides them with the edge they need to achieve their first Test win away from Asia since Harare, 2013.
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Brendan Taylor will undoubtedly be key for Zimbabwe, particularly given that Williams and Ervine are out. He has a great record against Bangladesh (1,066 runs, avg. 59.22). At home, the numbers are just unbelievable: 3 matches, 495 runs, avg. 123.75.
- Zimbabwe will also need Regis Chakabva at his solid best. He has a good record vs Bangladesh (459 runs, avg. 35.30), and scored 33 and 80 in his last Test, against Pakistan.
- Blessing Muzarabani has a key role to play. The tall seamer has never played against Bangladesh, but many can expect him to do well given he is having a fine 2021 so far (4 Tests, 15 wickets, avg. 20.26).
- Zimbabwe could be well served playing Tendai Chatara. He has a fine record at Harare, with 13 wickets at 23.69.
- According to reports, Mushfiqur Rahim should be fit to play. He has a superb record vs Zimbabwe (846 runs, avg. 60.42), including two fifties in his last Test in Zimbabwe back in 2013.
- Mominul Haque also has a superb record vs Zimbabwe. He has scored 687 runs in seven Tests at an average of 57.25, with three centuries and two half-centuries. He scored 29 and 23 in Zimbabwe in 2013.
- As always, Shakib Al Hasan will be one to watch. His 26 wickets vs Zimbabwe overall come at an average of 23.29 (eight wickets at 34 in Zimbabwe), and has scored 474 runs at 39.50 (223 runs at 37.16 in Zimbabwe). Like Mushfiq, Shakib scored twin fifties in his last Test in Zimbabwe.
- Can Abu Jayed make an impact in non-Asian conditions? The accurate seamer will be hoping to move the ball in these conditions and build on his five wickets in two Tests vs Zimbabwe.
- Here is a big opportunity for Taskin Ahmed to improve on his career average of 63.13. If he can get the ball in the right areas, he will be a handful for the Zimbabwean batsmen.
Stats and Facts
- Zimbabwe have not won a home Test since 2013, where they beat both Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- Bangladesh have won just one Test out of seven in Zimbabwe. This was a 143-run victory in Harare in 2013, after they lost the first Test of that series by 335 runs.
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz will be out to improve his away bowling record. He averages 22.29 at home, compared to 61.15 away. His batting will also be key – he scored a century vs West Indies earlier this year.
Possible Playing 11
Sean Williams and Craig Ervine are out of this match. Brendan Taylor will lead the side.
Zimbabwe: 1. Kevin Kasuza, 2. Takudzwanashe Kaitano, 3. Timycen Maruma, 4. Brendan Taylor (c), 5. Milton Shumba, 6. Regis Chakabva (wk), 7. Luke Jongwe, 8. Donald Tiripano, 9. Wellington Masakadza/Tendai Chisoro, 10. Blessing Muzarabani, 11. Tendai Chatara/Richard Ngavara
According to reports, Tamim Iqbal is in doubt for this Test due to a knee injury. If he misses out, then both Shadman Islam and Saif Hassan could play. Also, Bangladesh could look to leave Taijul Islam out given that Shakib provides the left-arm spin option.
Bangladesh: 1. Tamim Iqbal/Shadman Islam, 2. Saif Hassan, 3. Mominul Haque (c), 4. Mushfiqur Rahim, 5. Shakib Al Hasan, 6. Liton Das (wk), 7. Mahmudullah, 8. Mehidy Hasan Miraz, 9. Taskin Ahmed, 10. Shoriful Islam/Ebadot Hossain, 11. Abu Jayed
Harare Sports Club Pitch Report
Pakistan made a 400 and 500+ score on this ground earlier this year. Harare can offer some nice batting conditions after the ball gets a little older. One feels the new ball will be key for both sides, where there can be some movement in winter conditions.
However, the forecast is pleasant right throughout the match, with temperatures in the low 20s in sunshine expected.
Are you a cricket blogger or want to become one? Download the free CricBlog cricket blogging E-Book for great tips
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Oppabet’s welcome offer
A difficult one to predict, given Bangladesh always start very slowly in Tests in Zimbabwe. However, the sheer experience in their side should be enough to overcome Zimbabwe without experienced players in Sean Williams and Craig Ervine.