ZIM vs BAN 1st T20 Dream11 Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | ZIM vs BAN 1st T20 Dream11 Prediction Today | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 1st T20I Key Players | Harare Pitch Report
It’s been a tough old series for Zimbabwe, with their good moments counting for nil as they have gone on to lose all four matches across the Test and ODIs.
Now, with no T20 World Cup on the horizon, the objective turns to finding some winning form to boost morale. T20 victories, like ODIs and Tests, have been hard to come by for the Zimbabweans, with just one victory in 11 matches since the start of 2020. However, one of them was a classic victory against Pakistan earlier this year, of which they will look to replicate here.
For that to happen, their bowlers need to find ways to restrict the Bangladesh batsmen on what promises to be a flat Harare surface. The Bangladeshis chased 299 quite comfortably in the third ODI, as the Zimbabwean bowlers struggled for penetration on a friendly batting track. So, the key in this format will be to build dot-ball pressure and convert those into wickets, especially with no Brendan Taylor, who is rested.
For the Tigers, this T20I is the first of potentially 15 matches between now and the World Cup. Bangladesh are set to play Australia (despite the tour originally being in doubt), England and New Zealand after the Zimbabwe series, so this is a chance to build form and confidence ahead of the big tournament. However, they will be without star batsman Tamim Iqbal for at least two months due to that knee injury that continues to hamper him, so it’s a chance for others to step up in his absence.
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Regis Chakabva was a bright spot in the ODI series for Zimbabwe, scoring the most runs of any player (164, avg. 54.66, two 50s). He will be looking to make a mark in T20Is vs Bangladesh, as he has failed in all T20 games against them so far (four runs, avg. 1.33).
- Wessley Madhevere forms part of an important middle order core for Zimbabwe. He will be looking to transfer his ODI form vs Bangladesh (two 50s in six ODIs) to the T20Is. Also, he scored 59 in his last T20I on this ground, vs Pakistan in April 2021.
- It is incredible how Dion Myers continues to make starts without converting into at least a 50+ score. He scored 27 and 26 in the Test, followed by 18, 34 and 34 in the ODIs. Promising form, but Zimbabwe will be hoping for something more substantial.
- Sikandar Raza enjoyed a solid return to cricket, with scores of 30 and 57 in the ODIs. He will be looking to improve on a poor record in T20Is vs Bangladesh, where he has just 91 runs to his name in nine matches (avg. 10.11).
- Ryan Burl will be key for Zimbabwe as a finisher. He scored 59 off 43 balls in the third ODI. Also, he smashed 57* (32) vs Bangladesh in 2019, including 30 off one Shakib over.
- Luke Jongwe is coming off six wickets in the ODI series. Also, he has 12 wickets in just five T20Is at Harare. He and Blessing Muzarabani, who has taken 21 wickets in 17 T20s this year, will be key.
- What an ODI series Shakib Al Hasan had. He scored the third-most runs (145, avg. 72.50) and took the most wickets (eight), so he is coming into this series in fine form.
- Also, Shakib was player of the series in Bangladesh’s last T20I series in Zimbabwe, back in 2013 (scores of 65 and 40, as well as six wickets in just two T20Is). In his nine T20Is vs Zimbabwe in total, Shakib has hit 196 runs at 28 (SR 129.80) to go with 13 wickets.
- Like in ODIs, Liton Das enjoys playing against Zimbabwe. Liton has struck 193 runs in five T20Is vs Zimbabwe at an average of 48.25 and strike rate of 146.21, including two consecutive half-centuries against them in 2020.
- Afif Hossain strikes at 173.53 vs Zimbabwe. He struck an amazing 52 off 26 balls in 2019 to steal victory, so he is a player to watch. As is Mahmudullah, who will be looking for a big knock (11 inns vs ZIM, 191 runs, avg. 21.22, SR 129.05).
- Mustafizur Rahman loves bowling against Zimbabwe. He has taken 15 wickets against them in just eight T20Is, with an average of just 12.73 (econ. 6.10).
- Mohammad Saifuddin was expensive in the third ODI. However, in four T20Is vs Zimbabwe, Saifuddin concedes at just 5.50 per over with four wickets to his name. Shoriful Islam took four wickets in the second ODI.
Stats and Facts
- Head-to-head: Matches 13, Bangladesh 9, Zimbabwe 4.
- The two teams have played just two T20Is against each other in Zimbabwe. The series was held in 2013, and finished level at 1-1.
- Bangladesh have never lost a bilateral T20I series vs Zimbabwe (two wins, three draws).
Possible Playing 11
Brendan Taylor has been rested by Zimbabwe.
Zimbabwe: 1. Regis Chakabva (wk), 2. Tarisai Musakanda/Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, 3. Tadiwanashe Marumani, 4. Wessley Madhevere, 5. Dion Myers, 6. Sikandar Raza (c), 7. Ryan Burl, 8. Donald Tiripano, 9. Luke Jongwe, 10. Blessing Muzarabani, 11. Richard Ngarava
Bangladesh could play four seamers with Shakib, Mahmdullah and Mahedi Hasan taking up the spin duties.
Bangladesh: 1. Mohammad Naim/Soumya Sarkar, 2. Liton Das (wk), 3. Shakib Al Hasan, 4. Mahmudullah (c), 5. Afif Hossain, 6. Nurul Hasan, 7. Mahedi Hasan, 8. Mohammad Saifuddin, 9. Taskin Ahmed, 10. Shoriful Islam, 11. Mustafizur Rahman
Harare Pitch Report and Weather
Expect another fine batting pitch with this match starting at midday. The surface for the third ODI was a belter for batting, and more of the same can be expected here with more sunny conditions forecast.
At Harare, the team batting first won all three T20Is between Zimbabwe and Pakistan earlier this year. The average first innings score was 144.
Are you a cricket blogger or want to become one? Read the free CricBlog cricket blogging E-Book for great tips
Bangladesh, even without Tamim Iqbal, have an edge over Zimbabwe. This is especially considering Zimbabwe will be without Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams and Craig Ervine. Bangladesh to win.
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Oppabet’s welcome offer