SL vs IND 2nd ODI Dream11 Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | SL vs IND 2nd ODI Dream11 Prediction Today | Sri Lanka vs India 2nd ODI Key Players | Colombo Pitch Report
Sri Lanka coach Mickey Arthur and company were looking quite happy after the good finish to their innings and getting to a respectable total of 262. But that happiness suddenly disappeared, as we saw an amazing show by two youngsters of the Indian side – Prithvi Shaw and Ishan Kishan – who blew Sri Lanka away in the first half of the innings itself. The Shikhar Dhawan-led India won the initial game of the tour by 7 wickets with a huge 13.2 overs remaining.
After the huge win in the first game, Team India is all set to take on Sri Lanka in the 2nd ODI with a lot of confidence and hunger to win the series. After talk about India being a second-string side, the gap between the two sides was there for everyone to see. And, one could expect that it would be the same even if Sri Lanka had their full squad available.
The Sri Lankan spinners can be good on their day, but lack enough depth in their pace department to support Dushmantha Chameera, as the likes of Isuru Udana continue to struggle. Also, even after scoring a good score of 262, numerous batsmen made starts without even converting to a half-century. So, Sri Lanka have to address these issues and fast if they are to bounce back and level the series.
Key Players/Key Stats
- The 25th ODI captain of India, Shikhar Dhawan once again showed his importance. He was playing as an associate to the attacking youngsters and hence led his team to a comfortable win by staying there till the end. He scored a brilliant 86 (95) and was pinned to one end. Also, he has been amazing against SL over the years with 1069 runs in 17 innings (avg. 76.35) to his name.
- Ishan Kishan remained true to his words (promise) that he gave to his teammates. Just before he came to bat, he promised that he would hit a six to get off the mark in his 1st ODI on the very first ball itself. And he went on with brilliant intent to a fine fifty and took honour to become the first Indian to score 50s on both T20I and ODI debut.
- India’s 2 boundary machines – Prithvi Shaw and Suryakumar Yadav – were terrific in the recent game hitting as many as 14 fours between them. Shaw gave a brilliant start to Indian innings with his quickfire 43 (24) and SKY ended things for India by scoring a classy 31 (20) on his ODI debut.
- Shaw is enjoying an amazing year in white-ball cricket. In the 2021 Vijay Hazare Trophy, he smashed 827 runs in eight matches at an unbelievable average of 165.40. This included a score of 227*.
- All the Indian fans were waiting for Kul-Cha to play together and they played on Sunday. Both were looking confident and in good touch. Both of them scalped 2 wickets each and hence broke the batting order of SL team. They have a golden chance to make a comeback as a pair in the main Indian Team.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar took 5/42 on this ground in 2017. He will be looking to bounce back after a quiet outing in the first ODI.
- Avishka Fernando has to lead his team in the batting department. After getting set at the crease, he has to try to make that big. If we look at his stats, we can find that he is more effective in case of SL losing the toss. He has scored 462 runs in just 9 innings (avg 51) when SL lose the toss. He has 240 runs in 12 innings (avg 20) to his name when SL wins it.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa showed some attacking intent and ability to hit the ball cleanly over the rope. Being a quality player, the only thing he needs to work on is staying at the crease for a long time. He scored 24 (22) with 2 fours and 2 sixes in the first ODI.
- Sri Lankan savage Wanindu Hasaranga is the player who could be the threat for Team India. He was brilliant on the England tour and was difficult to read in the first ODI too. He will also look to add some runs with the bat as well.
- Chamika Karunaratne was terrific in batting as he scored 43 (35) in the first game. He was there till the end and fired in the very last over, hitting Bhuvneshwar for 2 amazing sixes. He will also be keen to make an impact with the ball.
- Dushamantha Chameera was the only SL pacer who was looking good in the previous game. Though he conceded boundaries in early overs, he was brilliant with his bowling variations. If you play fantasy, Chameera is the must pick from SL side.
Stats and Facts
- Head to Head: Matches 160, India 92, SL 56, Tie 1, NR 11.
- Last 15 matches: IND 13, SL 2.
- In Sri Lanka: Played 62, SL 27, IND 29, NR 6.
- Sri Lanka haven’t won an ODI series against India since 1997.
Possible Playing 11
Sanju Samson is now available for selection, but one feels the only chance he has of playing is if India choose to drop Pandey. India could go with the same 11.
India: 1. Shikhar Dhawan (c), 2. Prithvi Shaw, 3. Ishan Kishan (wk), 4. Manish Pandey/Sanju Samson, 5. Suryakumar Yadav, 6. Hardik Pandya, 7. Krunal Pandya, 8. Deepak Chahar, 9. Bhuvneshwar Kumar, 10. Kuldeep Yadav, 11. Yuzvendra Chahal
Pacer Isuru Udana can make way for Lahiru Kumara as he was somewhat expensive in the previous game.
Sri Lanka: 1. Avishka Fernando, 2. Minod Bhanuka (wk), 3. Bhanuka Rajapaksha, 4. Charith Asalanka, 5. Dhanajaya de Silva, 6. Wanindu Hasaranga, 7. Dasun Shanaka (c), 8. Isuru Udana/Lahiru Kumara, 9. Chamika Karunaratne, 10. Lakshan Sandakan, 11. Dushmantha Chameera
R Premadasa Stadium Colombo Pitch and Weather Report
The same venue should offer similar conditions here. Sri Lanka’s score of 262 looked under-par, and it proved to be the case. In the seven ODIs on this ground before the last match, the average first innings score was 303.43. In the last eight ODIs on this ground, both the team batting first and second won four games each.
The weather is expected to be partly cloudy with no signs of rain. So the rain gods will show mercy and hence we, the cricket fans, will enjoy Tuesday with a full match.
Are you a cricket blogger or want to become one? Read the free CricBlog cricket blogging E-Book for great tips
If SL bats first, then there would be no different story. If India bats first, they may look for 380 or more. Both ways, I think India will win.
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Oppabet’s welcome offer