IPL 2021 Match 31: SRH vs MI Dream11 Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | MI vs SRH Dream11 Prediction Today | Mumbai Indians vs SunRisers Hyderabad | Delhi Pitch Report
After an incredible win over Chennai Super Kings, Mighty Mumbai Indians will meet the struggling SunRisers Hyderabad for the 31st match of IPL 2021.
IPL 2021 hit a covid scare when two KKR players, namely Varun Chakravarty and Sandeep Warrier, were reported positive. This led to the rescheduling of yesterday evening’s match between RCB and KKR. As per media reports, all KKR players will undergo 5 days’ quarantine. However, the league will go ahead as planned.
“If you put sodium on water, the sodium flies. If you put the Orange Cap on Warner, he does the same“.
Now, imagine the Orange Army went on to play against the Royals without their tycoon, Warner. Surely SRH messed it up big time. Fans can only hope that things go back to normal soon and, we get to see Warner back on the field.
Earlier in the season against MI, SRH lost the plot, and fell short in a match they should have easily won. Chasing a modest total of 173, SRH went from 67-1 in 7.2 overs to 137 all out. Jonny Bairstow (43 off 22 balls) was the top scorer from SRH camp in that match.
On the other hand, Kieron Pollard gave a perfect birthday gift to Hitman Rohit Sharma by pulling one of his best performances in the IPL to get MI a much-needed win. He has a good record against SRH also, so it will be interesting to see if he can put up a show again.
In a highly competitive tournament like the IPL, every match is equally important but this match will play an important part in deciding SRH fate for the rest of the tournament.
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Quinton De Kock – In our preview for the MIvs SRH game earlier this season, we talked about Quinny’s fondness towards Warner and that showed in his 40 off 39 balls on a slow Chennai deck. Apart from this, in his 9 innings, he has 331 runs at an average of 41.4 vs SRH.
- Rohit Sharma – Hitman has got a substandard record against SRH. However, in his previous match vs SRH, he managed 32 runs. Before this innings against SRH, he just had 227 runs from his 16 innings at an average of 17.5. His average further drops down to 13.2 while batting second.
- Suryakumar Yadav – Sky scored only 10 runs against SRH last time around. Apart from this, he has 208 runs from his 12 innings at an average of 23.1. His average goes up to 35.5 while batting second. Is a big innings just around the corner for him?
- Kieron Pollard – Polly has a good record against SRH too. In the previous encounter, he got a quick-fire 35 off 22 balls.
- Apart from this, he has scored 383 runs from 14 innings at an average of 42.6. Keeping in mind that he bowled also in the last match, he will be a good option to keep in all leagues.
- Krunal Pandya – Senior Pandya has 4 wickets and 180 runs from his 10 innings at an average of 29.5. He picked up a wicket last time around.
- Trent Boult – Boulty picked a 3 wicket-haul against SRH in a previous encounter. Overall he has 8 wickets from his 7 innings against SRH. He has been a part of SRH earlier in his IPL career.
- Jasprit Bumrah – Boom Boom has 13 wickets from his 11 innings against SRH.
- Rahul Chahar – Chahar picked 3 scalps against SRH in the last match and won the match for his side. Overall Against SRH, he has 5 wickets from his 5 innings. All his five wickets have come bowling second.
- Jonny Bairstow – Bairstow scored 43 off 22 balls vs MI earlier this season. He will be our preferred choice for C/VC in Grand Leagues.
- David Warner – Warner scored a 36 off 34 balls in Chennai vs MI. Apart from this, Warner has 625 runs against MI at an average of 44.6 in his 18 innings. He has an identical record in both innings.
- Kane Williamson – Kane Willamson has a substandard record against MI. In 8 outings, he just has 43 runs with an average of 8.6. Will Captaincy bring the best out of him and will he improve on this?
- Manish Pandey– Pandey was heavily criticized for his low strike in the first 2 matches of the season. However, he has shown improvement on this in the last few matches. Against MI he has 578 runs at an average of 36.1 in 18 innings. His average goes upwards to 48.4 while batting first.
- Rashid Khan– Khan went wickless against MI in the last match. Khan has moderate success against MI. In his 8 innings, he just has 8 wickets to his name.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar – Bhuvi has a good record against MI. In his 15 innings, he has 18 wickets at a strike rate of 15.7. If SRH is to win, Bhuvi needs to step up. He will be a good pick if SRH bowls first.
- Khaleel Ahmed – Khaleel has gone wicketless in his previous two innings, but that does not change the fact that he is a wicket-taker in general. He will be a good pick in Grand Leagues. Against MI he has 3 wickets which came bowling first in the match.
- Sandeep Shama – Sharma has dismissed Hitman quite a few times and a good record against MI. He posses 18 scalps from 14 innings out of which 11 have come bowling first.
Stats & Facts
- Overall Played 17 | MI Won 9 | SRH 8
- Ishan Kishan has 151 runs from his 6 innings at an average of 25.2. 5 of the 6 innings have come while batting first.
- Hardik Pandya does not have the best record against SRH. In 8 matches he just has 5 wickets and 89 runs at a below-par average of 12.7.
Predicted Playing XI
Mumbai Indians: 1. Rohit Sharma (c), 2. Quinton de Kock (wk), 3. Suryakumar Yadav, 4. Kieron Pollard, 5. Hardik Pandya, 6. Krunal Pandya, 7. James Neesham, 8. Rahul Chahar, 9. Dhawal Kulkarni, 10. Jasprit Bumrah, 11. Trent Boult
SRH must consider bringing Warner back to boost their chances. It remains to see if they do, however.
Sunrisers Hyderabad: 1. Jonny Bairstow (wk), 2. Manish Pandey, 3. Kane Williamson (c), 4. Kedar Jadhav, 5. Vijay Shankar, 6. Abdul Samad, 7. Mohammad Nabi, 8. Rashid Khan, 9. Bhuvneshwar Kumar, 10. Sandeep Sharma, 11. Khaleel Ahmed
Arun Jaitley Stadium Delhi Pitch Report & Weather Predictions
The Delhi track has been a belter for batting in IPL 2021. In the first two games, the teams batting first scored 171 and lost. The next two games saw three 200+ scores, including MI chasing a huge score vs CSK. Another great batting track can be expected.
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Rajabet’s special welcome offer
MI confidence will be SKY high after the last win. SRH has not done anything in their last few matches to lift their spirits. However, it is now or never kind of situation for them and they would like to get back to winning ways. MI remains favorites.
Written by Shekhar Singh. Follow Shekhar on Twitter today.