IPL 2021 Match 30: RCB vs KKR Dream11 Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | BLR vs KOL Dream11 Prediction Today | Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders | Key Players | Ahemdabad Pitch Report
The IPL 2021 Boat is halfway through its port of call. Indian Premier League is highly competitive, and all through these years gone by we have seen that this is the point where the competition reaches its peak in the toughest T20 league. Going forward, a lot of upset awaits us as reverse fixtures have started.
Kolkata Knight Riders will hope for a change in fortune as they take on Royal Challengers Bangalore at Ahmedabad. At the halfway mark, RCB has 5 wins from 7 matches, and they are sitting at the 3rd spot on the points table. On the contrary, KKR has played the same number of matches but has only 2 wins, and they find themselves in the 7th spot on the points table.
Royal Challengers were not at their supreme in the previous match against Kings. Super V has also not reigned supreme in the competition so far. Except for that innings against Royals, Virat Kohli is getting those 30s, 40s here and there, but for some reason, the Southpaw is not able to take it to next level, like he often does. We can only hope that special innings come on a special day, and RCB Fans will go a little further and hope that the special day turns out to be the IPL Final on the 30th of this month.
If you can’t change a man, change the man: McCullum. The KKR coach was very, very disappointed with the KKR batsmen. He has hinted that they will make some bold changes in the playing 11 so don’t be surprised if the KKR think-tank picks someone from out of the box. It can be Tim Sierfert or Sunil Narine opening the innings, or the addition of Lockie Ferguson.
This statement from McCullum came after the last match in which KKR batters could only manage 154 runs in their full quota of 20 overs. After KKR’s sub-standard performance, the onus will be on Captain Morgan to perform and lead from the front, as he will also be playing his previous team RCB.
Do you enjoy CricBlog content? We now have a podcast! Listen to the podcast today: Latest episode – Should the IPL continue to go ahead + Was Jadeja’s performance the best all-round display ever?
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
Royal Challengers Bangalore:
- Devdutt Padikkal – Young Padikkal missed out with the bat in the previous match. In IPL 2020, he played 2 innings against KKR and got 57. Batting on a slow wicket at Chennai, he got 25 off 28 balls in the previous match vs KKR.
- Padikkal has got the start in all 3 innings against KKR & he has looked in good touch in the tournament so far. Based on that, he can be tried as C/VC in GL Team.
- Virat Kohli – Super V got out on 5 in the previous match courtesy of a blinder from Tripathi. Against KKR he averages 40.3 with 725 runs in his 23 innings. Quite uncharacteristic for Kohli, he has a better record in the first innings against KKR.
- Glenn Maxwell – Big Show got out for a golden duck in the previous match. Batting on a slow deck in his previous outing against KKR he made an awe-inspiring 78 off 49 balls. Before this innings he had 4 wickets and 339 runs from his 14 innings at an average of 28.2.
- AB de Villiers – When these two sides met in Chennai, Mr. 360 fetched the most Fantasy Points (117) courtesy of his magnificent 76 off 34 balls. Before this innings, he had 435 runs against KKR at an average of 33.5 from his 18 innings. His average goes up to 44.4 while batting first.
- Washington Sundar – Sundar missed out in the previous match but as KKR batting revolves around left-handers, we might see the off-spinner back in the playing 11. Against KKR he has 7 wickets from his 6 innings. He will be a good pick in Grand Leagues if he plays.
- Mohammed Siraj – Back in the reverse fixture of IPL 2020, Siraj dismantled the KKR batting lineup single-handedly. He has 8 wickets from his 7 innings against KKR. The last time when these two sides met earlier in the season, he was seen bowling over numbers 3, 5, and 19. He bowled well but was unable to pick any wickets, watch out for him in Grand Leagues!
- Yuzvendra Chahal – Yuzi Chahal picked 2 wickets in the previous match. He bowled over number 3,7,9, and 17 against KKR earlier this season.
- Rajat Patidar – Patidar (30 off 31 balls) spent a lot of time in his previous innings against PBKS but could not do much damage with the bat. Virat Kohli in his post-match conference said ” Rajat is a quality player, just that tonight wasn’t his night.
- Harshal Patel – Patel is the leading wicket-taker of the season. He is the only RCB player who has been Dream Fantasy Team in all the matches they have played. Earlier in the season, he picked 2 wickets against KKR.
Kolkata Knight Riders:
- Shubman Gill – Gill scored a quick-fire 21 runs off 9 balls in his previous match against RCB. Before this match, he has batted twice as an opener against RCB and scored 35 runs.
- Nitish Rana – Rana has started the tournament brilliantly with back-to-back fifties, since then he has not looked at his best. In Chennai vs RCB, he scored 18 runs from 11 balls. Before this match, he has 3 wickets and 227 runs in 9 innings at an average of 32.4 vs RCB.
- After a lean period in the tournament, he would be looking to get back among the runs. Rana can be paired with Padikkal as C/VC in one of the Grand league teams.
- Rahul Tripathi – Tripathi is the most picked KKR batter in this match. Like his fellow Knight Riders, he also got the start in Chennai vs RCB (25 runs off 20 balls) but failed to capitalize on it. Before this match, he had 213 runs vs RCB from his 7 innings at an average of 53.2.
- Andre Russell – The World knows about Russell’s Romance with RCB. But, fans might argue that in his last game against RCB the romance was somewhat half-hearted as he was unable to get some scalps to his name, although he was hitting the ball pretty nicely and he ended up with 31 off 20 balls. Before this match, he had 7 wickets and 339 runs from his 10 innings at an average of 48.4.
- Eoin Morgan – Morgan scored more than other KKR batters in the previous match against RCB and was part of the Dream Fantasy Team. He has 81 runs from his 7 innings at an average of just 13.5 vs RCB. His average further goes down to 10 batting first.
- Morgan comes good in a pressure situation and, despite his poor record, he is worth a slot in the Grand League team.
- Sunil Narine – Narine has 194 runs from 7 innings at an average of 32.3 vs RCB. He has bowled in 13 innings, he has 16 wickets. Will we see him opening the innings?
- Patrick Cummins – Cummins has 4 wickets vs RCB from his 6 matches so far.
- Dinesh Karthik – Last time around vs RCB, DK only lasted 5 balls. Overall he has 421 runs from 23 innings in opposition to RCB.
- Prasidh Krishna – Krishna will be up a wicket against his state-based Franchise. Apart from this, he just has 1 wicket from his 5 games against RCB.
Stats and Facts
- Overall: Played 28 | RCB Won 13 | KKR won 15
- In the last 5 years. RCB Won 5. KKR won 6
- Shakib Al-Hasan- Shakib has 5 wickets and 117 runs from his 5 games against RCB.
- Varun Chakravarthy had two scalps have to his name against RCB in Chennai.
Predicted Playing XI
Sundar can come in for Shahbaz Ahmed.
Royal Challengers Bangalore: 1. Virat Kohli (c), 2. Devdutt Padikkal, 3. Rajat Patidar, 4. Glenn Maxwell, 5. AB de Villiers (wk), 6. Shahbaz Ahmed/ W Sundar, 7. Daniel Sams, 8. Kyle Jamieson, 9. Harshal Patel, 10. Mohammed Siraj, 11. Yuzvendra Chahal
Kolkata Knight Riders: 1. Shubman Gill, 2. Nitish Rana, 3. Rahul Tripathi, 4. Eoin Morgan (c), 5. Andre Russell, 6. Dinesh Karthik (wk), 7. Pat Cummins, 8. Sunil Narine/Lockie Ferguson, 9. Shivam Mavi, 10. Prasidh Krishna, 11. Varun Chakravarthy
Looking for something fun to watch? CricBlog recently simulated Test match survival (last 6 overs) vs spin and bounce! Watch here or below
Ahemdabad Pitch Report
Kevin Pietersen Pitch Report is from PBKS vs DC.
We are back to the wicket where we started last week. Mayank Agarwal has to replace KL Rahul who is suffering from acute appendicitis. In the first game, there was a lot of dew and then there was a sandstorm. What are the captains gonna do? My advice to the captains will still be to chase to win the game.
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Rajabet’s special welcome offer
Both teams are coming after losing their previous match. KKR needs a win to spice up the competition and for their good also but that does not necessarily change the fact that RCB are favourites for this match.
Written by Shekhar Singh. Follow Shekhar on Twitter today.