IPL 2021 Match 28: RR vs SRH Dream11 Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | RR vs SRH Dream11 Prediction Today | Rajasthan Royals vs SunRisers Hyderabad Key Players | Delhi Pitch Report
Ahead of this crucial game between two sides desperate for victory, one can’t help but look back at how much the original plans for these two sides have changed.
Over the past day, shock has rung through IPL circles with the news that David Warner, one of the greatest IPL batsmen ever, has been relieved of his captaincy duties at SunRisers Hyderabad. Not only will Kane Williamson take over, but the franchise has stated that there will be a change in overseas combination for this match. Given the form of Bairstow, importance of Rashid Khan and now skipper Williamson, it means that Warner will likely be left out of this clash.
Unthinkable, right? Tell that to Rajasthan Royals, who have had their overseas contingent decimated due to injury and COVID-19 concerns. The absence of Jofra Archer is telling, with the Royals struggling for wicket-taking threat throughout the tournament. Here, one hope they have is SRH’s struggling middle order, so if they can find early wickets, they could be in for a good day.
Of course, a lot also depends on Jos Buttler and Sanju Samson leading the way, as well as whether they persist with Shivam Dube at four. All to play for.
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Sanju Samson has the most runs of any player in RR-SRH matches. His 382 runs come at a good average of 38.20 and decent strike rate of 126. He threatened to go big in the last game vs MI, so RR will be hoping today is his day.
- Jos Buttler has not quite made the runs expected of him in IPL 2021 so far (6 inns, 130 runs, avg. 21.66, SR 127.45). Also, his record against SRH is poor (5 inns, 46 runs, avg. 9.20). Can he turn it around?
- Yashasvi Jaiswal has looked promising in his two games so far this season (22 off 17 balls vs KKR and 32 off 20 balls vs MI).
- Surely David Miller bats at four for RR? He has an OK record against SRH (10 inns, 186 runs, avg. 26.57, SR 133.81) that he is capable of building on given recent form.
- Riyan Parag batted beautifully against SRH last season. He scored 42* (26) and 20 (12) against them.
- Chris Morris’ 73 runs vs SRH come at a strike rate of 158.70. He also has nine wickets in eight overs in total against them. Plus, he has 11 wickets in this tournament. Key player.
- Jaydev Unadkat has taken six wickets in five games vs SRH.
- Chetan Sakariya’s sequence this season: 3/31, 0/33, 3/36, 0/35, 1/31 and 0/18. So, is today the day he takes multiple wickets?
- Manish Pandey loves playing against the Royals. He has scored 215 runs in five innings at an average of 53.75 and SR of 147.26. Last season, he scored 54 (44) and 83* (47) against them.
- Jonny Bairstow is undroppable right now. He is having a fine season, especially considering he played five matches at Chepauk. In six matches, he has struck 218 runs at an average of 43.60 and SR 141.55. Against the Royals, he has 71 runs in three innings (avg. 23.67) with a highest score of 45.
- Kane Williamson is in fine touch, and will be key here again. He is yet to be dismissed in IPL 2021 (16*, 66* and 26*). The new skipper has scored 148 runs in five innings for SRH vs RR at an average of 49.33 and SR 129.82.
- Rashid Khan has taken seven wickets in six innings vs RR at an economy rate of just 6.38. He also has nine scalps in six games this season. He will be key against RR’s up-and-down batting.
- There is a chance that Bhuvneshwar Kumar returns for this game. He has nine wickets in seven games vs RR at an average of 23 and economy rate of 7.67.
Do you enjoy CricBlog content? We now have a podcast! Listen to the podcast today: Latest episode – Should the IPL continue to go ahead + Was Jadeja’s performance the best all-round display ever?
Stats and Facts
- Head-to-head: Matches 13, RR 6, SRH 7.
- SRH have never lost against RR when they have batted first (4 wins).
- SRH have a boundary percentage of just 46.77% against spin this season (lowest of any team). So, do RR look to bring back Shreyas Gopal or introduce Mayank Markande?
- These two sides sit seventh and eighth currently in the IPL 2021 Table.
Possible Playing 11
Rajasthan Royals: 1. Jos Buttler, 2. Yashasvi Jaiswal, 3. Sanju Samson (c & wk), 4. David Miller, 5. Riyan Parag, 6. Rahul Tewatia, 7. Shivam Dube/Mahipal Lomror, 8. Chris Morris, 9. Jaydev Unadkat/Shreyas Gopal, 10. Chetan Sakariya, 11. Mustafizur Rahman
Jason Holder took 3/33 vs RR last season. SRH could look to play him.
SunRisers Hyderabad: 1. David Warner/Jason Roy, 2. Jonny Bairstow (wk), 3. Manish Pandey, 4. Kane Williamson (c), 5. Vijay Shankar, 6. Kedar Jadhav, 7. Rashid Khan, 8. J Suchith/Abhishek Sharma, 9. Bhuvneshwar Kumar/Siddarth Kaul, 10. Sandeep Sharma, 11. Khaleel Ahmed
Looking for something fun to watch? CricBlog recently simulated Test match survival (last 6 overs) vs spin and bounce! Watch here or below
Arun Jaitley Delhi Pitch Report
The Delhi track has been a beauty for batting in IPL 2021. In the first two games on this ground, the teams batting first scored 171 and lost. Then, in the most classic of El Classicos, MI chased CSK’s 219 courtesy of Kieron Pollard’s stunning knock.
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Rajabet’s special welcome offer
A crucial game for both teams. SRH will be hoping that the change they’ve made will pay off for them. SRH to win.
Also read: 5 potential mid-season loan transfers in IPL 2021