IPL 2021 Match 25: DC vs KKR Dream11 Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | DC vs KOL Dream11 Prediction Today | Delhi Capitals vs Kolkata Knight Riders | Key Players | Ahemdabad Pitch Report
Kolkata Knight Riders will go head-to-head in a crucial match against Delhi Capitals in the 25th match of IPL 2021.
After losing their previous 4 matches, KKR started their Ahemdabad leg with an important win against Punjab Kings. After winning the toss, Morgan invited Kings to bat first and the star-studded batting lineup of Punjab could not do much damage as KKR bowlers stood in their way. They ended their innings with 123-9 from their 20 overs. Pat Cummins and Sunil Narine were excellent with the ball and picked 2 wickets each, while Prasidh Krishna registered a 3 wicket haul.
While chasing, Knight Riders did not get to the best of starts, as has often been the case. They lost 3 wickets in quick succession. However, after that Eoin Morgan came and counter-punched as he often does; KKR also had a bit of luck going in 2nd innings as their side as there was huge on the ground which made things difficult for the bowlers. Eoin Morgan (47 off 40 balls) was adjudged Man of the match, and Rahul Tripathi also played his role quite well in his 41 off 32 balls.
Delhi Capitals also didn’t start well in their chase against RCB as their in-form openers fell cheaply. After that Rishabh Pant (58 off 48 balls) came and stabilized their innings, but struggled to really get going. Stoinis gave them a bit of momentum before Hetmyer came in and nearly matched ABD shot for shot in his 53 off 25 balls. However, DC could not finish the match as Siraj 2.0 held his nerve in the 20th over.
Delhi Boys will be extremely proud of the brand of cricket they played, and another juicy contest will be on the cards when they face Knight Riders.
Do you enjoy CricBlog content? We now have a podcast! Listen to the podcast today: Latest episode – Should the IPL continue to go ahead + Was Jadeja’s performance the best all-round display ever?
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Shikhar Dhawan – Dhawan has 688 runs from 25 innings from 28.7 vs KKR, and missed out twice against them last season (6 and 26). He has a slightly better record while batting second. Also, Dhawan currently has the second-most runs in IPL 2021 (6 inns, 265 runs, avg. 44.16, SR 140.21).
- Prithvi Shaw – Shaw has 241 runs from 4 innings at an average of 60.2 vs KKR. He scored 66 off 41 balls against them last season on the small outfield of Sharjah.
- Rishabh Pant – Pant has 212 runs from 9 innings at an average of 23.6 vs KKR. Overall he has done relatively while batting second. So far in IPL 2021, he has struggled to find his best rhythm, but is still in the runs (183 runs, avg. 45.75, SR 127.97).
- Steve Smith – Smith has 223 runs from 11 innings at an average of 27.9 vs KKR. His numbers are quite contradictory batting first and second. While batting first he averages 63.7 from 6 innings and in his 2nd innings, he just has 32 runs at an average of 6.4. If DC Bats first, he can be considered for the Captaincy role in one of the risky Grand League teams.
- Marcus Stonis – Stoinis has 4 wickets and 61 runs from 6 innings at an average of 15.9 vs KKR.
- Axar Patel – Patel has 8 wickets from 13 innings. Out of 8 wickets, 6 have come bowling second.
- Kagiso Rabada– Rabada has been silent so far this IPL, but it’s just a matter of time before he comes with his natural force and energy. In opposition to KKR, he has 8 wickets. He can be paired with Steven Smith as C/VC in one of your risky GL Teams.
- Tom Curran and Chris Woakes have been part of the KKR setup in past. Most likely they won’t be playing this match but watch out for them in Grand Leagues if Capitals has a surprise for us.
- Ishant Sharma bowled a beauty of a delivery to dismiss Devdutt in his previous match. He started his IPL career with KKR but has not done much against them. He has 1 wicket from 5 innings.
Kolkata Knight Riders
- Shubman Gill – Gill is looking up to the mark in the shots, but he is not able to keep his innings flowing. He has 149 runs from 6 innings against DC. He has an identical record in both innings. Can he finally make a big score?
- Nitish Rana – Rana will be up against his city-based Franchise. He has 226 runs from 7 innings at an average of 31.4. Like Gill, he also holds an identical record in both innings.
- Eoin Morgan– Morgan has 161 runs in opposition to DC from 10 innings at an average of 22.4. Can he build on his performance from the last match?
- Dinesh Karthik – Karthik has been part of Capitals structure in the past. While playing against them, he has 439 runs from 16 innings at an average of 23.35.
- Andre Russell – Before joining KKR, Russell was part of the DC setup. In opposition to them, he has 227 runs from 7 innings at an average of 33.4 (SR 195) along with 13 wickets out of which 9 have come bowling second.
- Pat Cummins– Cummins has also played for DC. He has played against them twice and managed 3 wickets.
- Prasidh Krishna – Krishna has a wicket from 3 innings against DC. However, he is constantly improving and is currently KKR’s leading wicket-taker in IPL 2021 with eight.
- Shivam Mavi – Mavi has two wickets from his 3 games against KKR.
Head to Head Record
- Overall Record 26 | DC won 14 | KKR Won 12.
Predicted Playing XI
Kolkata Knight Riders: 1. Nitish Rana, 2. Shubman Gill, 3. Rahul Tripathi, 4. Sunil Narine, 5. Eoin Morgan (c), 6. Dinesh Karthik (wk), 7. Andre Russell, 8. Pat Cummins, 9. Shivam Mavi, 10. Prasidh Krishna, 11. Varun Chakravarthy
Delhi Capitals: 1. Prithvi Shaw, 2. Shikhar Dhawan, 3. Steve Smith, 4. Rishabh Pant (c & wk), 5. Shimron Hetmyer, 6. Marcus Stoinis, 7. Axar Patel, 8. Amit Mishra, 9. Kagiso Rabada, 10. Ishant Sharma, 11. Avesh Khan
Looking for something fun to watch? CricBlog recently simulated Test match survival (last 6 overs) vs spin and bounce! Watch here or below
Ahemdabad Pitch Report
This is Kevin Pietersen with his pitch analysis for RCB vs DC match.
Last night it (the pitch) started slow. Later in the game, the dew factor is an issue. I think it will play a big role in what happens at the toss. The winning captain is probably going to say we will bowl.
Ahemdabad has both black soil and red soil deck. Fantasy nuts need to check the pitch report before the toss to check which deck is being used.
We might not be able to update these teams in time after the teams are announced. Use your judgement based on the above statistics, recent form, toss and pitch report to help you create your Dream11 teams.
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Rajabet’s special welcome offer
DC and KKR are ranked 3rd and 5th on the points table respectively. A win for KKR will spice up the competition further and everyone will certainly love it. However, DC start as favourites and look good for a win.
Written by Shekhar Singh. Follow Shekhar on Twitter today.