IPL 2021 Match 24: MI vs RR Preview Dream11 Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | MI vs RR Dream11 Prediction Today | Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals Key Players | Delhi Pitch Report
After ending their Chepauk-Wankhede quotas, Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals have reached their next station and now will go head-to-head for the 24th match of IPL 2021.
From playing in fast-paced wickets of Wankhede to the slow Chepauk pitches, we saw an immediate bearing on the performance of Mumbai Indians as they failed to adapt quickly. As a result, suffered their third loss in their five games last time out against Punjab Kings.
In their previous match against Kings, they could only manage 131 from their 20 overs. Rohit Sharma was the highest scorer with 63 runs off 52 balls. Surya Kumar Yadav was their second-highest scorer with 33 off 27 balls.
While defending a modest score, MI bowlers could not pull off the magic they are well known for, as only one wicket fell in Punjab Kings innings, which was taken by Rahul Chahar. The defending champions believe that a venue change will also bring a change in fortune for them, and they will be hoping that this turns out to be the case in a crucial game.
On the flip side, the Royals were a happy dugout in there and why wouldn’t they be they were able to rise from the bottom of the table in the last game. Courtesy of Morris Magic, Royals were able to restrict Knight Riders for 133-9, which is considered a below-par total at Wankhede.
While chasing the innings, young Yashisvi looked fine in his first game of the season. Also, encouragingly, Captain Samson showed composure for a change by not throwing his wicket away. He was Royals’ highest run-getter with 42 off 41 balls. Of late, Royals have got the better of the defending champions and, they would be hopeful for a similar show to get their second win on the trot!
Do you enjoy CricBlog content? We now have a podcast! Listen to the podcast today: Latest episode – Should the IPL continue to go ahead + Was Jadeja’s performance the best all-round display ever?
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Rohit Sharma – Rohit has 490 runs from 21 innings at an average of 23.2 vs RR. Hitman has an identical record in both innings. Playing at Delhi he has an average of 29 with 319 runs from 12 innings. MI needs him to fire in this one.
- Quinton de Kock – Quinny has 331 runs from 9 innings vs RR at an average of 41.4. He has a better record while batting first, he has played a lot at this venue as he started his IPL career with Delhi.
- Suryakumar Yadav – SKY has 319 runs from 9 innings at an average of 45.6 vs RR. Batting at no.3 he averages 56.3 against them with 169 runs from 4 innings. Playing at Delhi he has 113 runs from 6 innings, however some of the innings he has batted lower down the order.
- Kieron Pollard has 11 wickets and 300 runs from 15 innings at an average of 23.1. At Delhi, he has 194 runs from 9 innings at an average of 27.7. MI has struggled in the middle order this season, and Pollard needs to deliver.
- Hardik Pandya has 181 runs from 6 innings at an average of 60.3, with an incredible strike rate of 203.37. Pandya has 114 runs at an average of 28.5 from 6 innings at Delhi. Like Pollard, Pandya needs to deliver.
- Rahul Chahar has 5 wickets from 4 innings vs RR. All his 4 innings have come bowling second. At Delhi, he has played once in which he bowled in 2nd innings, and got 3 wickets.
- Trent Boult has 8 wickets from 6 innings against RR. He was part of the DC setup, so naturally has a good experience at this venue. In 9 games here he has 14 wickets.
- Jasprit Bumrah has 11 wickets from 8 innings against RR, out of which 7 have come bowling second. At Delhi, he has 7 wickets from 7 matches. He generally does well while bowling second in his career.
- Jos Buttler – Crucial player. Jos has 259 runs from 4 innings at an average of 86.3 vs MI. All 4 innings have come batting second. He will be our preferred choice for the Captaincy role in Grand League Team. At Delhi, he has 97 runs from 3 innings.
- Sanju Samson – Samson has 446 runs from 16 innings at an average of 29.7 vs MI. While batting first his average goes up to 44.7. Samson was also part of the DC setup so has played at this venue quite a lot. In 19 innings, he has 406 runs at an average of 21.4 on this ground, so he will be hoping for an improvement.
- David Miller – Miller has 236 runs from 10 innings at an average of 39.3 vs MI. His average goes down to 21.8 batting first. At Delhi, he has 148 runs at an average of 21.1. He found some form last game with 24* against KKR.
- Riyan Parag– Parag has 43 runs from one innings against MI. Parag has a 50 against DC at this from his only innings.
- Chris Morris – Morris was at his very best last game vs KKR (4/23). In 9 innings, he has 7 wickets and 88 runs. As this is a high-credit match, you have to risk a big player to make your Fantasy Team. Based on Morris’s record against MI and good batting conditions at Arun Jaitley Stadium, we will make a batting heavy Fantasy Team and take a chance in one of our Mega Grand League Team posted below.
- Mustafizur Rahman has 4 wickets from 3 innings against MI. He was part of the MI setup earlier. He has bowled at Delhi twice and has gone wicketless on both occasions.
- Shreyas Gopal has 6 wickets from 6 innings against MI. He was part of the MI setup earlier. At Delhi, he has 3 wickets for 47 runs.
- Jaydev Unadkat has taken 14 wickets in 13 matches vs MI (SR 21).
Stats and Facts
- Overall Played 24 | MI Won 12 | RR Won 12.
- Royals have dominated MI batting second.
- Krunal Pandya has 4 wickets from 6 innings against RR.
- Ishan Kishan has 112 runs from 5 innings vs RR at an average of 22.4. He has played at Delhi thrice and just has 11 runs. Also, this season has been a real struggle for Kishan (5 inns, 73 runs, avg. 14.60, SR 82.95).
Predicted Playing 11
Mumbai Indians: 1. Rohit Sharma (c), 2. Quinton de Kock (wk), 3. Suryakumar Yadav, 4. Ishan Kishan, 5. Hardik Pandya, 6. Kieron Pollard, 7. Krunal Pandya, 8. Jayant Yadav, 9. Rahul Chahar, 10. Jasprit Bumrah, 11. Trent Boult
Mumbai boy Shivam Dube will be against City-based Franchise He has 38 runs from 3 innings and he has not bowled against them. Dube has 24 runs from 1 inning at Delhi.
Rajasthan Royals: 1. Jos Buttler, 2. Yashasvi Jaiswal, 3. Sanju Samson (c & wk), 4. David Miller, 5. Shivam Dube, 6. Riyan Parag, 7. Rahul Tewatia, 8. Chris Morris, 9. Jaydev Unadkat, 10. Chetan Sakariya, 11. Mustafizur Rahman
Looking for something fun to watch? CricBlog recently simulated Test match survival (last 6 overs) vs spin and bounce! Watch here or below
Arun Jaitley Stadium Delhi Pitch Report
Anjum Chopra Pitch Report from CSK vs SRH.
“Groundsman’s got a lot of time to prepare the surface. Should be a good batting surface. There will be dew expected after 8 pm. Captains need to decide what’s the preference – bat or bowl”.
Dhoni post-match said “Whenever we come to Delhi we never expect a wicket like this. It was coming on nicely, there was nothing for the spinners as well.”
Each venue has multiple decks on offers so Fantasy Nuts need to check the pitch report before the toss to find which one is being used.
We might not be able to update these teams in time after the teams are announced. Use your judgement based on the above statistics, recent form, toss and pitch report to help you create your Dream11 teams.
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Rajabet’s special welcome offer
Mumbai Indians would like to start their Chepauk woes behind and start fresh at Delhi. The team which can adapt to new conditions quickly will win. We back MI to trump Royals.
Written by Shekhar Singh. Follow Shekhar on Twitter today.