IPL 2021 Match 23: CSK vs SRH Dream11 Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | CSK vs SRH Dream11 Prediction Today | Chennai Super Kings vs Sunrisers Hyderabad | Key Players | Delhi Pitch Report
It’s time for the Southern Derby, but this time around the contest will be played North. Two sides with contrasting fortunes so far, Chennai Super Kings and Sunrisers Hyderabad, will engage for the 23rd Match of IPL 2021.
Chennai Super Kings are flying high after winning their previous four matches. The best part about them is that all their players have contributed well so far, and last time out against RCB it was Rockstar Jadeja. To give you a context of the damage Sir Jadeja did, he got 226 Fantasy Points (3 wickets + 61 runs with the bat). Raise a Toast, if you have Captained him in the previous match and don’t be disappointed if you have not; he will give you another opportunity here. We all call him Sir Jadeja for a reason.
In their batting department, Faf du Plessis (50 off 41), now has back-to-back fifties and, he was the second-highest run-getter in the previous match after Sir Jadeja. With contributions from everyone, Chennai made a total of 191/4, and later on defended it with good overall bowling display.
Kane Williamson’s sole effort (66 off 51 balls) fought for Sunrisers Hyderabad and got them to the Super Over. However, his fate against Super Overs continues to be scratchy. SRH has just 1 win from 5 matches and the next 3 matches in Delhi will decide their destiny. One positive before going into the next match will be that they have put their best forward in the previous two matches.
Do you enjoy CricBlog content? We now have a podcast! Listen to the podcast today: Latest episode – Should the IPL continue to go ahead + Was Jadeja’s performance the best all-round display ever?
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
Chennai Super Kings
- Faf du Plessis – After scoring back-to-back fifties, it will be interesting to see how he shapes up against SRH. In past, he has not had much success against SRH. At an average of 23.8, he has 238 runs from 11 innings.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad– Gaikwad looked good in his last two innings (64 and 33) after a quiet start to the tournament. He has not played against SRH so far.
- Suresh Raina – Raina has 434 runs from 17 innings against SRH at an average of 28.9. SRH’s lack of genuine pace in their attack will suit Raina.
- Moeen Ali– Moeen did not play the previous match. If he is fit for this one, CSK will look even better. He has a wicket and 77 runs from 4 innings against SRH.
- Ravindra Jadeja – Sir Jadeja has 4 wickets and 194 runs from 13 innings at 27.7. Needless to say, after this last match, he will be might confident and will look to improve his numbers on the back of that.
- Imran Tahir has 6 wickets from 5 innings vs SRH. He was part of the DC setup before joining CSK so he has a good experience of playing at this venue.
- Sam Curran – Sam has a wicket and 51 runs against SRH.
- Dwayne Bravo– Bravo has 85 runs from 7 innings at an average of 14.2. However, his strength vs SRH is bowling; he has 19 wickets against them, and could be in the wickets against SRH’s shaky middle order.
- Deepak Chahar has 9 wickets from 8 innings vs SRH. His battle against SRH’s top order will be crucial.
- Shardul Thakur has 5 wickets from 5 innings vs SRH.
- David Warner – Warner has 482 runs from 16 innings at an average of 30.1 against CSK. Warner has played at this venue since he started his IPL career with DC. SRH will be hoping for a big innings from Warner today.
- Jonny Bairstow- Jonny has 84 runs from 4 innings against an average of 28. Altogether he has been hot and cold against CSK; Out of 4 innings, he has 2 ducks. However, he has been in excellent touch in IPL 2021 (5 inns, 211 runs, avg. 52.75, SR 141.61).
- Kane Williamson– Big Kane was at his absolute best against DC. He has a good record against CSK as well. He averages 43 with 301 runs from 8 innings. Crucial player.
- Vijay Shankar – Vijay has 135 runs from 5 innings vs CSK at an average of 45 with 2 wickets. He has played a lot at this venue as he was part of DC earlier in his IPL career.
- Rashid Khan– Rashid has 6 wickets from 8 innings against CSK. The Deck at Arun Jaitley Stadium suits spinners, so he will surely look to improve the numbers.
- Kedar Jadhav has 84 runs from 6 innings against CSK. CSK parted ways from him after a disastrous last season, so this is Jadhav’s chance to show his worth. He has also played a lot at this venue as he was part of the DC set up earlier.
- Khaleel Ahmed has 3 wickets from 4 innings against CSK.
- Siddarth Kaul – Kaul has just 2 wickets from 5 innings against CSK.
Stats and Facts
- Overall Played 15 | CSK Won 11 | SRH 4.
- CSK has dominated both while batting 1st or 2nd.
Predicted Playing XI
Moeen Ali was rested for CSK’s game vs RCB due to a tight hamstring. According to reports, he could return in this game.
Chennai Super Kings: 1. Ruturaj Gaikwad, 2. Faf du Plessis, 3. Moeen Ali, 4. Suresh Raina, 5. Ambati Rayudu, 6. Ravindra Jadeja, 7. MS Dhoni (c & wk), 8. Sam Curran, 9. Dwayne Bravo/Imran Tahir, 10. Shardul Thakur, 11. Deepak Chahar
Virat Singh scored a 14-ball 4 last game. So, Manish Pandey could replace him.
Sunrisers Hyderabad: 1. David Warner (c), 2. Jonny Bairstow (wk), 3. Kane Williamson, 4. Virat Singh/Manish Pandey, 5. Vijay Shankar, 6. Abhishek Sharma, 7. Kedar Jadhav, 8. Rashid Khan, 9. Jagadeesha Suchith, 10. Khaleel Ahmed, 11. Siddarth Kaul
Looking for something fun to watch? CricBlog recently simulated Test match survival (last 6 overs) vs spin and bounce! Watch here or below
Arun Jaitley Stadium Delhi Pitch Report
This is Graeme Swann Pitch Report from the last IPL match played between DC and RR in 2019.
‘There isn’t a blade of grass, absolutely bone dry. It’s quite hard, but there shouldn’t be a lot of bounce. Bowl straight lines, it should turn, it’s very hot and a score around 160 should be competitive. A bat-first wicket’.
Some of the recent domestic matches played at Arun Jaitley Stadium saw decent scores so Fantasy Nuts need to be all ears when the pitch report is out before toss.
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Rajabet’s special welcome offer
Chennai is playing the brand of Cricket they have been known over all these years. Their overall record vs SRH is also one-sided. If SRH are to win this, Rashid Khan and David Warner need to step up. We will go with CSK in this contest.
Written by Shekhar Singh. Follow Shekhar on Twitter today.