IPL 2021 Match 22: DC vs RCB Dream11 Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | DC vs BLR Dream11 Prediction Today | Delhi Capitals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Key Players | Ahmedabad Pitch Report
Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Capitals move to Ahemdabad for their next four matches. They will lock horns for the 22nd match of IPL 2021, in what promises to be a cracking match between two contenders.
After winning their first four games on the trot, RCB were well behind the pace against CSK. They were good in their bowling department until Sir Jadeja went berserk in to score 37 runs in the 20th over to give the perfect finish to CSK innings.
While chasing, RCB did not get the best of the start, and lost their openers within the powerplay overs. And then Sir Jadeja show started and he single-handedly ruined RCB’s chances by getting the crucial wickets of de Villiers and Maxwell. After that RCB collapsed like a pack of cards and lost the match by 69 runs. It is now crucial that they bounce back.
Delhi Capitals’ last match went on to Super Over in which they bot the better off SRH. While batting first they managed a total of 159 runs. There was the contribution from all the batters, and among them, Prithvi Shaw was the highest scorer with 53 off 29 balls.
He was adjudged Man of the Match for his performance. Avesh Khan shined again the ball and got wickets at the crucial interval.
Both the teams are coming after playing a good brand of Cricket and we wait to see another thriller. Ravi Ashwin, Adam Zampa, and Kane Richardson have opted out of the remaining IPL 2021, after Andrew Tye decided to leave for home over the weekend.
Do you enjoy CricBlog content? We now have a podcast! Listen to the podcast today: Latest episode – Should the IPL continue to go ahead + Was Jadeja’s performance the best all-round display ever?
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Virat Kohli – Super V will be up against his City-based Franchise. When IPL started way back in 2008, Delhi had the option to pick between Virat Kohli and pace bowler, Pradeep Sangwan. They chose the pace bowler over the King, and the rest is history.
- Kohli loves playing DC. He has 897 runs from 22 innings at an average of 51.6. He is 103 runs short of 1000 run mark against DC.
- Devdutt Padikkal – Devdutt looked fabulous in his short innings vs CSK, after his magnificent century vs RR. Against DC, he has 54 runs from 2 innings at an average of 27.
- Glenn Maxwell – Big Show has a poor record vs DC (78 runs from 8 innings at an average of 12). He was part of the DC setup earlier in his IPL career. The way this IPL has gone so far, players with substandard records have performed, so don’t be surprised if he scores 78 runs in the next innings. Despite his below-par try him as VC role in 1-2 in Grand League teams.
- AB de Villiers – Like Maxi, Mr.360 was also part of DC Camp. Against them, he has 474 runs from 13 innings at an average of 49.35. Key player.
- Yuzvendra Chahal – Yuzi has 14 wickets from 13 innings against DC. Out of these, 10 wickets have come bowling first.
- Washington Sundar – Sundar has 4 wickets from 5 innings against DC.
- Harshal Patel – Purple Cap Holder (15 wickets in five games) was having a good match vs CSK until the last over. He was traded from DC to RCB this year and it will be interesting to see how he goes about his business in this encounter.
- Mohammad Siraj – Siraj has 9 wickets from 7 innings against DC.
- Daniel Christian has 5 wickets from 4 innings against DC. But, RCB could look at playing Finn Allen today.
- Shikhar Dhawan – Gabbar has 566 runs from 20 innings vs RCB at an average of 33.3. He has a better record in 2nd innings. He currently has the most runs in IPL 2021 (259 runs, avg. 51.80, SR 142.30).
- Prithvi Shaw – Shaw has 99 runs against RCB at an average of 19.8. He has an identical record in both innings. He is coming off a fine half-century last game vs SRH 953 off 39 balls).
- Steve Smith – Steve Smith has 352 runs at an average of 32 from 13 innings vs RCB. He is working hard to find his best form. One to watch.
- Marcus Stoinis – Stoinis has 110 runs against RCB at an average of 55. He has bowled thrice against RCB and yet to take a wicket.
- Axar Patel has 15 wickets and 153 runs from 13 innings. He is back at Ahmedabad, where he had a wonderful time in the Tests vs England earlier this year.
- Kagiso Rabada has 12 wickets from 4 matches against RCB. He will be key in restricting them at the death.
- Amit Mishra has 15 wickets from 15 matches vs RCB.
Stats and Facts
- Overall Played 25 | RCB Won 15 | DC Won 10.
- RCB has dominated against DC while batting second.
Predicted Playing XI
R Ashwin has taken a break from IPL 2021 to support his family during India’s severe wave of COVID-19.
Delhi Capitals: 1. Prithvi Shaw, 2. Shikhar Dhawan, 3. Steve Smith, 4. Rishabh Pant (c & wk), 5. Shimron Hetmyer, 6. Marcus Stoinis, 7. Lalit Yadav, 8. Axar Patel, 9. Kagiso Rabada, 10. Amit Mishra, 11. Avesh Khan
RCB could look at playing Finn Allen over Dan Christian
Royal Challengers Bangalore: 1. Virat Kohli (c), 2. Devdutt Padikkal, 3. Finn Allen, 4. Glenn Maxwell, 5. AB de Villiers (wk), 6. Washington Sundar, 7. Kyle Jamieson, 8. Harshal Patel, 9. Navdeep Saini, 10. Mohammed Siraj, 11. Yuzvendra Chahal
Ahemdabad Pitch Report
This is Simon Doull and Kevin Pietersen Pitch Report from KKR vs PBKS Match.
“We had some matches here during the India-England series. The first three games of that series saw teams batting first struggling to score and the chasing side won all three. But India made big scores in the next two and defended them. Shows that the toss doesn’t matter a lot. There is a lovely even covering of grass on this pitch and that suggests that batsmen would be licking their lips. Not a big ground and there should be value for runs. The captain winning the toss would want to chase.”
Punjab Kings struggled with the bat yesterday. There was plenty of dew, so expect the captain who wins the toss to choose to chase.
Looking for something fun to watch? CricBlog recently simulated Test match survival (last 6 overs) vs spin and bounce! Watch here
Good News for Fantasy Nuts! With the rising competition level among users in other apps, we have a new and trusted Fantasy App for you, endorsed by Harbhajan Singh and Wasim Waffer.
Some features about this application :
- Get a 200% welcome bonus of up to INR 1000 on your First Deposit.
- Create your teams with 2/3/4 Players to enjoy Fantasy Gaming.
- Play Free Entry Contests and use 100% of your sign-up bonus to join contests.
- In our 11-Player game, you will find the lowest Credit Scores for all the players.
Along with the low competition, you will get low entre fees on contest also. Take a look 👇
Join us on Fan2Play! You’ll get ₹20 and a Free Entry Contest on signup. Please use our referral code: f2pb74mu. Download Fan2Play now here.
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Rajabet’s special welcome offer
Both sides are playing a good brand of Cricket, one who gets adapts to conditions quickly at the new venue will win. We back RCB to win on the back of their record against DC, but this should be a cracker.
Written by Shekhar Singh. Follow Shekhar on Twitter today.