ENG-W vs IND-W 1st T20 Dream11 Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | ENG-W vs IND-W 1st T20 Dream11 Prediction Today | England women vs India women 1st T20 Key Players | Northampton Pitch Report
After an incredible series win in the ODI format, England are all set to resume their rivalry against India in the shortest form of the game. England will be eager to continue their winning streak after winning the ODIs 2-1. India, on the other hand, will be aiming towards winning the series and ending their tour of England with joy.
Experienced players like Harmanpreet Kaur, Deepti Sharma and Smriti Mandhana will have to shoulder more responsibility for the Indian team. The team will also be hoping for a fine knock from young talent Shafali Verma. The Indian batters were guilty of consuming too many dot balls in the ODIs, and it is something they can’t afford to do in the shortest format, so all eyes will be on who executes best.
On the other hand, the Heather Knight-led 2nd ranked T20I team England will be looking to dominate the guests in this format as well. No doubt the team will miss the services of star bowler Kate Cross and batter Lauren Winfield-Hill, but they will be happy to get Danni Wyatt and Mady Villiers as the replacements. Barring that, England is full of confidence and are ready to try and achieve more success.
An exciting contest is on the cards.
- Match: ENGW vs INDW, 1st T20I, India Women tour of England, 2021
- Date and Time: Friday, July 09, 2021, 11:00 PM(IST)
- Venue: County Ground, Northampton
Key Players/Key Stats
- England vice-captain Nat Sciver has rediscovered some fine form with both bat and ball. The 2nd ranked all rounder in T20Is will be a key player in the upcoming T20I series. Nat Sciver has scored 202 runs at a strike rate of 109 from her last 9 matches. Against India, she has scored 186 runs in 10 matches (avg. 23.25) and also scalped 3 wickets so far (avg. 53).
- Tammy Beaumont is also in great form, with runs in the Test and ODIs. She has scored 222 runs from her last 9 T20Is at an average of 24 and a strike rate of 109. If she stays for 5-10 overs at the crease, she can destroy the opponent. She will be keen to improve her record vs India, with 208 runs in 11 innings at an average of 20.80.
- Skipper Heather Knight has been outstanding in T20Is since the beginning of 2020. She has scored a total of 525 runs at an average of 37.50 and strike rate of 131.58.
- Sophie Ecclestone has been an asset for the English team and is expected to continue her dream form. The top-ranked T20I bowler has scalped five wickets in four innings against India (part of 61 career wickets in just 42 T20Is) and will intend towards increasing this number of wickets. She is going to be one of the biggest threats for Team India.
- England’s most experienced pacer Katherine Brunt is set to feature in her 90th T20I game against her favorite team to play against. She has been brilliant against India taking as many as 19 wickets in 14 games. She is the top wicket-taker in ENGvsIND T20Is.
- Danielle Wyatt is a danger for India if not sent back early. She has a good record against India scoring 333 runs so far at a fine average of 30.27 and strike rate of 128.57.
- Sarah Glenn has a superb record in T20I cricket (27 wickets in 18 matches at an average of 12.48 and econ. 5.43). She went wicketless in her only game vs India, back in 2020 (0/26).
- Top-ranked batter, 17 year-old Shafali Verma, is going to be a bad nightmare for hosts if she bats even just 10 overs. All know what she has done in her short career till now. Destroying the bowling lineup in the first powerplay will be the main task for her. She is an obvious pick if you are playing fantasy.
- Fellow opener Smiti Mandhana can be that X-factor for India. She has the ability to accelerate at any moment she wishes, and loves to bat in 2nd innings and finish things for her team. She has scored 317 runs in 10 innings against England and has a strike rate of 140.26.
- India’s skipper Harmanpreet Kaur has not been in the best of form recently. She is going through a bad patch as she made scores of 16, 19 and 1 in the ODI series. Kaur will target a big score in the 1st T20I as she looks to lead India from the front. She has 285 runs (avg. 23.75) and 2 wickets to her name while playing against England.
- Deepti Sharma is going to be the key player for India in both departments – Batting and bowling. She has scored 72 runs in 6 innings (avg. 24) and scalped 9 wickets in 8 matches vs England.
Stats and Facts
- Head to head: Matches 19, England 15, India 4.
- Last 5 matches: England 3, India 2.
- England women are yet to get defeated at Northampton’s County Ground. They have played 6 T20Is and won all of them.
- In all 6 women’s games played at the venue, the team batting first has won. But in ENGW vs INDW HTH, the team chasing has won 14 times out of 19.
- We can see the battle of ICC top ranked bowler (Ecclestone) vs Top ranked batter (Shafali) in the match.
England: Heather Knight (captain), Tammy Beaumont, Katherine Brunt, Freya Davies, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Tash Farrant, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Nat Sciver, Anya Shrubsole, Mady Villiers, Fran Wilson, Danni Wyatt.
India: Harmanpreet Kaur (captain) Smriti Mandhana, Deepti Sharma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Shafali Verma, Richa Ghosh, Harleen Deol, Sneh Rana, Taniya Bhatia, Indrani Roy, Shikha Pandey, Pooja Vastrakar, Arundhati Reddy, Poonam Yadav, Ekta Bisht, Radha Yadav, Simaran Dil Bahadur.
Possible Playing 11
England: 1. Tammy Beaumont, 2. Danni Wyatt, 3. Nat Sciver, 4. Heather Knight (c), 5. Amy Jones (wk), 6. Sophia Dunkley, 7. Anya Shrubsole, 8. Katherine Brunt, 9. Sophie Ecclestone, 10. Sarah Glenn, 11. Natasha Farrant/Mady Villiers
India: 1. Smriti Mandhana, 2. Shafali Verma, 3. Jemimah Rodrigues, 4. Harmanpreet Kaur (c), 5. Deepti Sharma, 6. Taniya Bhatia (wk), 7. Richa Ghosh/Harleen Deol, 8. Pooja Vastrakar/Ekta Bisht, 9. Shikha Pandey, 10. Radha Yadav, 11. Poonam Yadav
County Ground Northampton Pitch Report and Weather
The cut-throat contest between batters and bowlers is expected to take place during the match. The pitch could provide some assistance for the bowlers up-front. Target between 150-165 promises to be a competitive score at this venue. The team who wins the toss could look to chase under lights.
New moon day. Partly cloudy skies overnight. Some showers may interrupt the game, but mostly perfect weather is expected for playing cricket.
Are you a cricket blogger or want to become one? Read the free CricBlog cricket blogging E-Book for great tips
Dream 11 Prediction
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Oppabet’s welcome offer
Tough to predict as both teams look well equipped. However, I think it is going to be 60-40 in favour of England.
Written by Aditya Narsale. Follow Aditya on Twitter today.