ENG vs PAK 3rd ODI Dream11 Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | ENG vs PAK 3rd ODI Dream11 Prediction Today | England vs Pakistan 3rd ODI Key Players | Edgbaston Pitch Report
2-0! Can you believe this scoreline, given the players unavailable for England? England have completely outplayed Pakistan in both ODIs, with the latest being a 52-run victory. The men in green failed to find any way to bounce back after the first match defeat. The Ben Stokes-led team are on a roll, and are ready for the final ODI match of the series in Edgbaston.
Team England, even in the absence of some main players, looked brilliant in the series so far and will be eying towards whitewash over their Asian opponents. Brilliant bowling displays from Saqib Mahmood and Lewis Gregory, with some quickfire knocks from Vince and Salt, made them dominant in the previous game. And they are expected to continue their dream form in the final game.
On the other hand, Team Pakistan have failed to execute their plans out there on the field. Pakistan’s key players like Captain Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan have failed to fulfil the expectations which resulted in the batting collapses of their team. Now, they will be playing just for the points in the World Super League points table, rather than keeping this series alive.
- Match: ENG vs PAK, 3rd ODI, Pakistan tour of England, 2021.
- Date and Time: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 5:30PM (IST).
- Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham.
Key Players/Key Stats
- Phil Salt and James Vince were looking good and very much confident in the 2nd ODI. They made a terrific and entertaining partnership of 97 (80) which led their team to a par score. Both are looking in great form and they would wish to repeat their effort of the previous game.
- Another two fellow Englishmen Dawid Malan and Zak Crawley will be looking to get back on track after their ducks in the previous game. Both of them scored fifties in the initial game of the series and helped their team to achieve a comfortable win.
- Especially Zak Crawley would be looking to smash his favorite team to bat against. He has 378 runs to his name against PAK in just 4 innings (All formats). Fun fact is that he has 384 runs in 22 innings against teams except PAK. This shows his passion and excellence to play against them.
- England captain Ben Stokes is very happy with his team’s performance under his captaincy. He scored 22 (26) in the 2nd match and will be looking to build on this. Against Pakistan, Stokes has scored 399 runs at an average of 49.87, and he has scored a century and half-century in three knocks on this ground.
- England’s new finds of the series, Saqib Mahmood and Lewis Gregory are again expected to take few early wickets and give their team a better start like they did in previous 2 games. Saqib has six and Lewis has four scalps to their name in the series so far. Lewis also scored a brilliant 40-run knock in the previous game. So it promises to be an exciting game for them.
- Top-ranked ODI batsman and Pakistan captain Babar Azam has to step up and find some way to play against those pretty inexperienced English bowlers. Babar got out to Saqib Mahmood’s great deliveries in both games. He needs to lead from the front if Pakistan wants to avoid a whitewash. He has scored 658 runs in 18 innings at an avg of 41.12 against England, and has an ODI century on this ground.
- Former Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed can get slot in the team for the final game as he has impressed selectors with a string of impressive performances in the domestic matches and PSL. In both the games, Pakistan were reduced to 26/4 and 53/4, and the former captain’s experience could come in handy to weather the storm. He has scored 655 runs in 13 innings vs England at a huge average of 59.54.
- Hasan Ali was mind blowing in the previous game as he took a brilliant 5-fer in the first innings. He also contributed with the bat in that game scoring a little cameo of 31(17). He has 19 scalps to his name against England so far in 14 ODIs.
- Shaheen Afridi bowled a fantastic yorker to dismiss Crawley in the previous game and social media was in awe of him for those few minutes. He needs to be at the peak of his bowling quality. Obviously, England conditions suit him the most among all Pakistan bowlers. He has a couple of wickets in this series.
Stats and Facts
- Head to Head: Matches 90, ENG 55, PAK 32, NR 3.
- Last 5 matches: England 4, Pakistan 1.
- Defending World Cup champions England are the toppers of WSL points table. Defending Champions Trophy champions Pakistan are in 4th place. If PAK wins the game, they will move to 3rd place.
- ENG have won 24 games out of 40 whereas PAK have won 6 of 14 at Edgbaston.
Possible Playing 11
England: 1. Phillip Salt, 2. Dawid Malan, 3. Zak Crawley, 4. James Vince, 5. Ben Stokes (c), 6. Lewis Gregory, 7. John Simpson (wk), 8. Craig Overton, 9. Saqib Mahmood, 10. Matthew Parkinson, 11. Brydon Carse
Pakistan: 1. Fakhar Zaman, 2. Mohammad Rizwan, 3. Babar Azam (c), 4. Saud Shakeel, 5. Sarfraz Ahmed, 6. Sohaib Maqsood, 7. Shadab Khan, 8. Faheem Ashraf, 9. Hasan Ali, 10. Shaheen Afridi, 11. Haris Rauf
Edgbaston Pitch Report and Weather
The pitch at the Edgbaston Cricket Ground is a batting-friendly surface and is expected to help the batters once again here. Pacers might get some help towards the later half of the match while spinners may get some help in the middle overs.
The temperature is expected to be around 21°C on the matchday with 62% humidity and 14 km/hr wind speed. There is a 24% chance of precipitation during the game.
Are you a cricket blogger or want to become one? Read the free CricBlog cricket blogging E-Book for great tips
Pakistan to win the game.
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Oppabet’s welcome offer