CPL 2021 Match 11: TKR vs GUY Dream11 & Fan2Play Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | TKR vs GUY Dream11 Prediction Today | Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors Key Players | St Kitts Pitch Report
Match 11 of CPL 2021 is a crucial one. Two sides here have the opportunity to solidify their top four position, which is an important proposition in what is looking a competitive tournament.
Champions Trinbago Knight Riders are not yet playing at the level they did last year, but they still sit relatively comfortably with two wins out of four matches so far. Their huge dot-ball percentage in the powerplay overs is an area to address, but the depth in their batting lineup inspires confidence. Plus, the performance of Ravi Rampaul (most wickets in CPL 2021) is a major positive to build on as TKR look to build momentum.
Guyana Amazon Warriors are tottering on the edge. Since beating TKR in game one of CPL 2021, they have lost twice to St. Kitts, displaying some poor cricket at crucial stages. As the tournament nears its halfway stage, getting wins and points on the board is vital to ensure there isn’t too much pressure to qualify come the final stages of the league season.
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
Trinbago Knight Riders:
- Colin Munro is yet to fire in CPL 2021, but today could be his day. No player has more runs in TKR-GUY matches than Munro, with 495 runs to his name at a superb average/strike rate of 49.50/138.66.
- Kieron Pollard won player of the match yesterday for his game-changing 29-ball 42. Against Guyana, Pollard’s 296 runs come at an average of 22.77 and strike rate of 140.95. Can he improve on this here?
- Tim Seifert has hit form. His last two innings make for good reading (40* off 16 balls and 37 off 25 balls). Against Guyana, he has hit scores of 2 (3), 39* (30) and 23 (39). He will aim to build on this today.
- Sunil Narine has taken 15 wickets in 10 matches vs Guyana, including 2/17 earlier in CPL 2021. He was terrific against St. Lucia yesterday, taking 1/16 including a maiden.
- Ravi Rampaul has taken nine wickets in four matches in CPL 2021, the most of any bowler so far. Akeal Hosein continues to impress, with an economy rate of just 4.62 in four matches this season (five wickets).
Guyana Amazon Warriors:
- Give Shimron Hetmyer TKR, and he’ll give you runs. His nine innings against them have yielded 324 runs at an average/strike rate of 40.50/129.60. This includes 54 off 41 balls earlier in CPL 2021.
- Odean Smith was player of the match against TKR earlier this season. He scored a 15-ball 24 and took 2/10.
- Guyana needs skipper Nicholas Pooran to perform. He has a half-century vs TKR (54), but just 34 runs in his other four innings against this opposition. Key match for him, and he really needs more balls to make an impact.
- The move to have Mohammad Hafeez open worked in delivering more runs at the top. He is coming off a 59-ball 70 in his last match, vs. St. Kitts. However, his strike rate will be in focus in this match.
- Imran Tahir has taken nine wickets in nine matches vs TKR, including a magnificent spell of 2/12 earlier this season.
- Naveen-ul-Haq took the second-most wickets for Guyana behind Tahir last season. He will be key in the death overs against TKR’s power-hitting.
Stats and Facts
- Head-to-head: Matches 22, TKR 12, GUY 10.
- Both teams are locked at 1-1 in matches at Warner Park.
- Guyana beat Trinbago in the first game of CPL 2021, successfully defending 142.
Possible Playing XI
It remains to be seen if Darren Bravo is fit enough to play in this match. Also, TKR may send Sunil Narine back down the order after eating up a lot of dot balls yesterday.
Trinbago Knight Riders: 1. Lendl Simmons, 2. Tion Webster/Darren Bravo, 3. Colin Munro, 4. Tim Seifert (wk), 5. Kieron Pollard (c), 6. Denesh Ramdin (wk), 7. Sunil Narine, 8. Akeal Hosein, 9. Isuru Udana, 10. Jayden Seales, 11. Ravi Rampaul
Romario Shepherd took 3/15 against TKR but hasn’t played since. It will be interesting to see if he is available today.
Guyana Amazon Warriors: 1. Mohammad Hafeez, 2. Chandrapaul Hetmaj, 3. Shimron Hetmyer, 4. Nicholas Pooran (wk), 5. Brandon King, 6. Shoaib Malik, 7. Anthony Bramble (wk), 8. Odean Smith, 9. Naveen-ul-Haq, 10. Imran Tahir, 11. Nial Smith/Romario Shepherd
Warner Park Basseterre St Kitts Pitch Report and Weather
The team batting first has won six of 10 matches so far in CPL 2021. A different part of the square was utilised yesterday, with run-scoring on offer as shown by the likes of Pollard and Kennar Lewis.
The forecast is for more clear and warm weather in St Kitts.
Note: Teams below are not based on the final playing XIs. We may not be able to update these teams in time after the final playing XIs have been announced.
Fan2Play gives players a 50% higher chance of winning. In addition to 11-player fantasy, you can play 2, 3 or 4-player fantasy in Fan2Play. Check out the app here.
Also read: Fan2Play vs Dream11 – What’s the difference?
An interesting game ahead. Guyana look to be doing quite a few things wrong, and until they sort out key issues, TKR are favourites to win.