BAN vs SL 1st ODI Dream11 Prediction Possible Playing 11 Pitch Report | BAN vs SL 1st ODI Dream11 Prediction Today | Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka 1st ODI Key Players | Mirpur Dhaka Pitch Report
After cricket came to a halt in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ODI cricket has taken a back seat behind Test and T20I cricket. Test cricket’s World Championship Final is weeks away, and the T20 World Cup is on the mind of all participants. However, there is an ODI Super League to be played, and both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will be looking to pick up important points in this three-match series.
Bangladesh, who have now gone 10 straight matches without a win across formats, welcome back star all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan. Their greatest ever cricketer was originally unavailable for this series, but the postponement of IPL 2021 benefits Bangladesh here. The Tigers also welcome Mustafizur Rahman, who will be looking to make a difference in what shapes up to be an even battle.
Sri Lanka will play their first ODI against a team other than West Indies since their tour of Pakistan in October 2019. Earlier this year, the Lions were swept 3-0 against a sharp Windies side, so Kusal Perera, who will lead here, will be hoping his side make a good start to the series. Despite a number of changes to their squad, there is talent in the Sri Lankan ranks, particularly in the spin department, so it will be interesting to see if they can make an impact right away.
Key Players to Watch/Key Stats
- Welcome back, Shakib Al Hasan. The all-rounder is the king of the Shere-Bangla National Stadium, with the second-most runs (2,534, avg. 39.59) and most wickets (119, avg. 24).
- However, his record against Sri Lanka isn’t the most flash. He has taken just 15 wickets in 22 ODIs at an average of 52, along with 617 runs at 33.72. But, it should be noted that Sri Lanka aren’t as strong as they were in the late 2000’s and early 2010’s.
- Mushfiqur Rahim has the most runs in BAN-SL ODIs of any current player (783, avg. 29). Also, Rahim enjoys batting on this ground, with 2,379 runs at an average of 34.47.
- Skipper Tamim Iqbal has the most runs of any player on this ground (2,713, avg. 35.23). However, like Shakib and Mushfiq, Tamim will be keen to improve his record vs Sri Lanka (666 runs, avg. 30.27).
- It’s a big series for Liton Das. He is having a poor 2021 in ODIs (6 matches, 76 runs, avg. 12.66), so will need to perform well here to cement his place (if picked).
- Mustafizur Rahman has taken 15 wickets in nine ODIs vs Sri Lanka (avg. 25). In even better news for Bangladesh fans, the Fizz has a remarkable 41 wickets in 18 ODIs at an average of 13.82 on this ground.
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz has taken 11 wickets in six matches on this ground at an average of 20.
- Taskin Ahmed has taken 22 wickets in 12 matches at an average of 18.18 at the Shere-Bangla National Stadium.
- Kusal Perera is set to captain Sri Lanka. He has a fine record vs Bangladesh (12 inns, 445 runs, avg. 40.45, SR 91.75).
- Danushka Gunathilaka enjoyed an excellent series against West Indies earlier this year. He made scores of 55, 96 and 36.
- Niroshan Dickwella strikes at 96.51 with an average of 34 batting at 1 in ODIs.
- Kusal Mendis enjoys batting against Bangladesh. In nine ODI knocks against them, Mendis has compiled 345 runs at an average of 43.12, with three 50+ scores.
- We all know of Wanindu Hasaranga’s bowling ability in white-ball cricket. However, it was his batting that was super impressive in the ODI series in West Indies earlier this year, where he scored 47 (31) and 80* (60) in the last two ODIs.
- Suranga Lakmal has taken 17 scalps in 12 ODIs vs Bangladesh. He will be key in the powerplay overs. Watch out also for Dushmantha Chameera (who was in wicket-taking form in T20s vs WI earlier this year) and Isuru Udana in the death overs.
Possible Playing 11
Ahead of the match, skipper Tamim Iqbal said he has “complete trust” in Mushfiqur Rahim the wicketkeeper. “I have complete trust in him and give him my full support. I think he should continue to keep wickets for Bangladesh,” said Tamim. So, Rahim is expected to take the gloves, with Soumya Sarkar, Mosaddek Hossain and Mohammad Mithun to compete for a chance in the middle order.
Bangladesh: 1. Tamim Iqbal (c), 2. Liton Das, 3. Shakib Al Hasan, 4. Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 5. Mosaddek Hossain/Mohammad Mithun, 6. Mahmudullah, 7. Soumya Sarkar, 8. Mehidy Hasan Miraz, 9. Mohammad Saifuddin, 10. Taskin Ahmed, 11. Mustafizur Rahman
Sri Lanka have a call to make with regards to their opening combination. Skipper Kusal Perera averages 54.80 in eight knocks at number four, so he could bat there.
This will be SL’s first ODI since the retirement of Thisara Perera.
Sri Lanka: 1. Niroshan Dickwella (wk), 2. Danushka Gunathilaka, 3. Kusal Mendis, 4. Kusal Perera (c), 5. Dhananjaya de Silva, 6. Dasun Shanaka, 7. Wanindu Hasaranga, 8. Isuru Udana, 9. Suranga Lakmal/Akila Dananjaya, 10. Lakshan Sandakan, 11. Dushmantha Chameera
Shere-Bangla National Stadium Mirpur Dhaka Pitch Report
Very hot conditions are forecast for Dhaka on Sunday, with a top of about 39 degrees. It remains to be seen whether dew will be a factor, but the hot conditions can bake out the surface in the first innings, which can bring the spinners in the game.
The chasing team has won the last four ODIs on this ground, including Bangladesh winning all three matches against a weakaned West Indies earlier this year.
Fancy a bet on the cricket? Check out Rajabet’s special welcome offer
A tough, tight contest on the cards here between two closely-matched teams. Bangladesh at home start as favourites, but this could come down to a good score of 270+ batting first.